- 05 Apr 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 05 Apr 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Stripe Billing integration is an optional feature for Blackthorn Payments. In order to enable it, contact Blackthorn Support.
Blackthorn Payments consumes the Stripe Billing API, bi-directionally
You can perform any API-supported action within Salesforce that you can perform within the Stripe dashboard. Some processes include:
- Start a Stripe subscription within Salesforce from an Account
- Start a Stripe subscription within Salesforce from an Opportunity
- Start a Stripe subscription within Stripe that pushes to Salesforce
- Update subscriptions from Salesforce that update in Stripe
- Update subscriptions from Stripe that update in Salesforce
- Add Usage to Salesforce that sends to Stripe to automatically
- Calculate Usage aligned with Tiers and Prices.
- Invoices are auto-created in Salesforce from Stripe
- Charges on Invoices are auto-created in Salesforce from Stripe
Report on all of your Stripe data natively in Salesforce using native Reports and Dashboards
Stripe Billing's architecture alignment with our Salesforce-native model
- Salesforce Product = Stripe Product
- Salesforce Price (Custom Object) = Stripe Price
- You can have multiple Prices per Product. The Price contains the amount if there are no Tiers. In this sense, it's similar to how Salesforce's Price Books work.
- Salesforce Tier (Custom Object) = Stripe Tier
- You can have multiple Tiers per Price.
- Salesforce Usage (Custom Object) = Stripe Usage
- Salesforce Subscription and Subscription Item (Custom Objects) = Stripe Subscriptions and Subscription Items
- Salesforce Sales Document and Line Item (Custom Object) = Stripe Invoice and Invoice Item
- For Stripe Billing to work properly, Salesforce records must exist in Stripe prior to creating or updating a Stripe Subscription from Salesforce. You can create Stripe records from Salesforce, or sync them back from Stripe.