- 21 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
June 2023 - Version 5.106
- Updated on 21 Jun 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Once the updates listed below have been reviewed, please follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade your Payments application.
Enable Secure Static Resources for Lightning Components is a Salesforce Release Update that has been postponed indefinitely.
Test Run on this Release Update should remain disabled in order to use our Virtual Terminal components. This is due to a Salesforce Known Issue.
To simplify the release note process, we have relabeled the different sections in the Release Notes. Going forward, each bullet point will be listed under either BT Salesforce Release or Webapp Release (previously referred to as a platform release). The BT Salesforce Release typically occurs the week before the Webapp Release.
- For more information about the new terminology, please review Important Definitions.
- To review the dates for each release type, please see the Blackthorn 2023 Release Dates.
To upgrade Payments to the newest version, go to the Blackthorn Candy Shop.
Breaking Change / New Feature
The New Virtual Terminal
Our Virtual Terminal has been fully rebuilt in LWC to accommodate even broader use cases! It is supported in Lightning, Lightning Utility Bar, Salesforce Mobile, Salesforce Communities, Global Quick Actions, and Custom Components. The new Virtual Terminal can do everything our existing Virtual Terminal can PLUS the following.
- Screen Flows: Drag and Drop the Virtual Terminal into a Screen Flow to create a seamless experience for your customers or internal Salesforce users.
- Component Level Configuration: Discover even more granularity in configuration settings when placing the component on Lightning record pages.
- Experience Cloud Guest User Compatible: Use the new Virtual Terminal on a public Experience Cloud page with restrictions.
- The “Lite” Version: Explore the possibilities with the Virtual Terminal’s “Lite” Version, a single-page, payment form optimized for self-service and unauthenticated experience cloud use. Available in the Community Builder and in Screen Flow. Respects all mappings and settings.
NOTE: The existing Virtual Terminal will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.
- The individual Related List components on the Invoice lightning page have been replaced by the Related Lists component. This allows users to edit the Related Lists via the page layout editor instead of having to add each Related List individually.
- The Payout batch will no longer result in an error when a failed refund Transaction is associated with a charge Transaction.
- Payments now supports processing webhooks sent on Stripe’s latest API version (2022-11-15). Webhooks sent on any Stripe API version should process successfully.
- Additional duplicate protections were added to payment processing for Authorize.net gateways. (Known Issue: 000002748)
- The issue causing Transactions to not be assigned to Payouts during the Stripe dispute process was fixed.
- Processing a mobile payment with a Stripe gateway will no longer result in a duplicate Payment Method with
Payment Method Status= "One-Time" being created. The Transaction will be associated with the original Payment Method. (Known Issue: 000002723)
- An intermittent issue that occurred when processing a mobile card reader payment has been fixed. The app will no longer attempt to update the Payment Intent while the related Transaction is being captured.
- If a user tries to add a Payment Method using the Virtual Terminal and the
Related Tofield is left blank, they will receive the following message: "This field is required: Related To".
If you have any questions about this or need help with testing, please don't hesitate to reach out to Blackthorn Support.