- 19 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
Zoom, GoToWebinar, and Webex Integrations
- Updated on 19 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
The following changes have been made to prevent an Attendee from being added to a Zoom meeting or webinar as a cohost.
If the integration between Events and Zoom fails to automatically register an Attendee with the Zoom, the AttendeeLink will revert to a generic “join” link instead of the link used by the host. Zoom may also require the Attendee to enter their name/register when joining the meeting.
With our implementation of Webinar Integration, we now officially support Zoom, GoToWebinar, and Webex natively within our app! You will need a paid version of Zoom, GoToWebinar, or Webex.
You will need a paid version of Zoom, GoToWebinar, or Webex.
|GoToMeeting||GoToWebinar||Zoom Meetings||Zoom Webinar||Webex Meeting||Webex Events|
You'll need at least the Marketplace permissions in Zoom otherwise it’ll say an Admin has to approve before it’s completely authorized and usable.
Create a Webinar Account
Open the App Launcher and navigate to Webinar Accounts.
Click New in the top right corner to create a new account.
Create a new Webinar Account record with Provider = "Zoom", "GoToWebinar", or "Webex".
Note: Webinar Name and Provider are the only two fields needed to be filled out. First Name, Last Name, Email, Organizer Key, and Account Key will be populated once you connect the account to your provider
From the Webinar Account record, click the Authorize button.
If you receive the following error message when authorizing a Zoom Webinar Account, please follow the steps below.
"It looks like you are already authenticated to use the Zoom Integration. If you are receiving other errors, please contact Blackthorn Support."
- Navigate to: https://marketplace.zoom.us/.
- Click Manage on the top right.
- Click on Added Apps.
- Find "Blackthorn Events" and click Remove on the right hand side.
Complete the OAuth by clicking Connect and entering in your webinar account credentials.
Your Webinar Account should be automatically updated with the First Name, Last Name, Email, Organizer Key, and Account Key.
Create a Webinar
Add the Webinar/Meeting Account and Webinar/Meeting ID fields to your Event OR Session page layout.
- This will hold the Webinar/Meeting Account and Webinar/Meeting ID for the specific webinar. You can set a different accounts on multiple Events, depending on who is hosting the Event!
- Optional: Add Webinar/Meeting Password if you will be enabling passwords. This field is automatically populated if passwords are required on your Zoom account.
- Optional: Add Zoom Type if you will be using Zoom to determine between a Webinar and Meeting URL.
- Here is a video that walks through the steps for adding webinars to Sessions.
Add the Create Webinar button to your Event OR Session page layout. This button will generate the meeting inside of Zoom, GoToWebinar, or Webex and populate the Webinar/Meeting ID field.
Add the Add to Webinar button on the Attendee page layout. This button will add an Attendee to the webinar, if the Attendee is created manually.
Add the Webinar/Meeting Join URL field on the Attendee page layout. This field sends the Attendee the direct URL to join the meeting.
Create a new Event and update the Webinar/Meeting Account field with the Webinar Account you just created.
Save the Event record.
Click the Create Webinar button.
The Webinar ID will be populated automatically on the Event's Webinar/Meeting ID field. This value should not be edited as changing this value will result in Attendees not being able to join your webinar.
When Attendees go through the checkout process, they will receive an email from the Webinar Account owner with the details of the webinar.
Note: These emails will only send if using a Webinar Account. For Zoom Meetings these emails will not be sent, but an Attendee will receive their AttendeeLink.
For example, GoToWebinar will look similar to this email:
If an Attendee registers for a Webex Event, their invite will look similar to this:
This email will be sent automatically once the Attendee's Registration Status = "Registered".
Q: It doesn't look like my Attendees have registered for my webinar. What do I do?
A: Currently, Zoom and GoToWebinar update their rosters with registered Attendees once an hour.
If you want Attendees to sync in real time, use the Register Attendees for Webinars button in the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab. This batch job will only run when there is a Webinar/Meeting ID on the Event, and the Attendee's Registration Status = "Registered".
- Click the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab.
- Click Batch Jobs in the left hand column.
- Click Register Attendees for Webinars.
Q: How do I create webinars through the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab?
A: If you have many Events and do not want to navigate to each and manually create a webinar for each, this section is for you! This will create a webinar for every Event where Webinar/Meeting ID = " ".
- In Webinar Accounts, authorize the platform of your choice.
- Add the Webinar/Meeting ID field to each Event you want to add a webinar to.
- Click on Blackthorn | Events Admin tab.
- Click on Batch Jobs in the left hand column.
- Click Create Webinars for Events.
Note: You can also use Create Webinars for Sessions for Sessions to have the same effect, but for all Sessions.
Webinars will be auto generated without using the create webinar button.
Q: Required Parameters Missing or Wrong
A: This error occurs for GoToMeeting and Webex based accounts that need to be reauthorized. There are two ways to resolve this:
- Navigate to the Webinar Account record receiving the error.
- Click the Authorize button.
- Navigate to the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab.
- Click Schedule Recommended Event Jobs.
- This will refresh the tokens for GTM and Webex every 29 days and will ensure the error doesn't appear again.
Q: How do I remove Zoom?
A: To remove your Zoom authorization from your Salesforce org, please do the following:
- Navigate to https://marketplace.zoom.us/ and log in.
- Click Manage in the top right corner.
- Click Installed Apps under My Dashboard.
- Click Uninstall on Blackthorn Events.
- Done! Zoom and Blackthorn Events will no longer be linked.