- 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
We've included the ability to modify how you use the Virtual Terminal in Custom Settings. The following settings will give your organization more flexibility when it comes to adding payment details to a record and charging Transactions.
- Default New Payment Method - This setting will set the "New Payment Method" option as the default option on the
- Disable Amount - This setting will prevent users from populating the
Amountfield in the Virtual Terminal.
- Disable New Charge - This setting will remove the "New Single Charge" option from the
- Disable New Payment Method - This setting will remove the "New Payment Method" option from the
- Disable Payment Gateway - This setting, when enabled, renders the
Payment Gatewayfield as Read-Only.Note: The
Payment Gatewayfield is only visible in orgs with multiple Payment Gateways.
- Disable Related To - This setting will make the
Related Tofield read-only.
- Hide Parent - This setting will remove the
Parent Objectfield from the Virtual Terminal.
- Hide Process Type - This setting sets the
Process Typeselection to "Capture Now" and removes the picklist from the Virtual Terminal.
- Hide Related To - This setting removes the field
Related Tofrom the Virtual Terminal.
- Payment Method Success Message When a value is added to this setting it is used as the text in the success message box that appears when a Payment Method is created in the Virtual Terminal.
- Transaction Success Message - When a value is added to this setting it is used as the text in the success message box that appears when a Transaction is captured in the Virtual Terminal.
- Related To Default Object - The object added to this field (Account, Contact, or Lead) will be the object that displays first in the
Related Tofield on the Virtual Terminal.
- Disable Payment Method Filter - When this is checked all the Payment Methods will be loaded regardless of the Contact/Account set in Virtual Terminal. This setting will take into consideration sharing rules. If a user does not have access to a Payment Method they will not see it as an option in Virtual Terminal.
If your org has Custom Metadata Types for
Virtual Terminal Mapping set you'll need to manage those records because they could conflict with the
Related To Default Object setting.
Examples might include the following Virtual Terminal Mappings:
SD.BillTo (Con) -> Trans.ContactOppty.Account -> Trans.Account
If values are set in the
Target Field for the 2 mappings mentioned above those values will take priority over the values you attempt to save in the
Related To Default Object Custom Setting.
Steps to Enable
- Navigate to "Setup".
- Type "Custom Settings" in the
Quick Findmenu and click "Custom Settings".
- Click "Blackthorn Payments - Virtual Terminal".
- Click the
- Click the
- Use the checkboxes to enable one or multiple settings.
Be aware that the following settings are deprecated:
Terminal Disable New Charge,
Terminal Default New Payment Method, and
Terminal Disable New Payment Method. If you were utilizing these settings be sure to use
Disable New Charge,
Default New Payment Method, and
Disable New Payment Method instead.
Remove Deprecated Custom Settings
Once we have removed a Custom Setting from our package you will no longer be able to use it. If this is a setting you used in the past you can delete it from your org as a matter of cleanup purposes.
Steps for Removing a Custom Setting:
- Navigate to the Custom Settings in Setup
- Click the subset of settings you would like to cleanup (i.e.
Blackthorn Payments | Virtual Terminal)
- If the setting has a link labeled
Delto the left this means it has been removed from the package. Click
- A dialog box with additional details will be presented. Use the checkbox to confirm you would like to delete the setting and click