Salesforce Trial Organization
Blackthorn | Payments will not work with a Salesforce Trial Organization. You'll know if you're on a Trial if in the top right of the screen it says 'xx Days Remaining'. If you would like to test our application, please install into a Developer Org.
- Note, all setup instructions use Salesforce Classic's UI (Aloha), not Lightning, although the app works perfectly in Lightning!
- Change the top right 'blue bubble' app selector to blackthorn | payments Admin and click on the blackthorn | payments Setup Wizard tab.
- Follow the instructions!
Note: We recommend initially connecting your Payment Gateway in Test Mode so that you can use test cards to process successful test Transactions. You can create a second Payment Gateway record in the future as a live gateway when you're ready to go live.
If you installed Blackthorn | Payments into a developer org and are having issues with testing, please reference our Troubleshooting with Sandbox Testing
- The Payment Method, Stripe Customer, and Transaction objects are related to both Accounts and Contacts. Optionally add these related lists to the Account and/or Contact objects.
- Click on Setup | Customize | Accounts (or Contacts) | Page Layouts
- Click Edit next to the applicable Page Layout.
- In the Related Lists section at the top right, drag and drop the Payment Method, Stripe Customer, and Transaction related lists onto the Page Layout.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the same steps for your Transaction Parent (such as adding the Transaction related list to Opportunities).
- Note, you'll need to manually add the Transaction Parent field, such as Opportunity, to your Transaction Page Layout.
Follow this link if you would like to:
- Automatically update expired cards from Stripe to Salesforce
- Use Stripe's API directly so that Customers, Payment Methods, and Transactions are auto-created in Salesforce. This is not necessary when using blackthorn | payments's Apex or REST-based APIs, it's only necessary when using Stripe's direct API.
- Payments by ACH