- 06 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 06 Dec 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Install the Payments application at the Candy Shop.
Error installing? See our troubleshooting doc here.
Complete the Blackthorn Payments Setup Wizard
In order to go through the Payments Setup Wizard users will need to have My Domain enabled in their org. Read more about My Domain here.
Navigate to the Setup Wizard to start the setup process.
Lightning: Navigate to the app launcher, select "Payments (Admin)" app, and click the "Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard" tab.
Classic: Navigate to the application drop-down button (blue button in the upper right-hand corner), select "Payments (Admin)" app, click on the "Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard" tab.
Connect to your Payment Gateway account in test mode (which creates a connected Payment Gateway record).
When you select the test mode option, a window pops up to create or login to a Payment Gateway account. In Stripe, right above the form, there is a link where you can bypass creating a real account for testing purposes. Authorize.net requires you to create a developer account before hand.
After Payments is installed, the necessary permissions are assigned, and you have completed the setup wizard, the Payments app will be available for the users to access.
Configuring Webhooks is a highly suggested, but optional step especially if you want to use:
- ACH Payment Methods
- Credit Card Updater
Allowlist your Domain for the Virtual Terminal
- Go to Setup.
- Search for and click "Session Setting".
- Under the section Trusted Domains for Inline Frames, click Add Domain.
- Enter "https://
For example, if your
domain-instance-name is "blackthornio", the new domain will be "https://blackthornio.lightning.force.com". Click Save.
To test creating Payment Methods and capturing test Transactions, see our testing documentation for the test card and ACH information.
Deploy to Production
- Once you have completed testing, create a new Payment Gateway record in live mode. You cannot update the existing test Payment Gateway to live. This will result in an error.
- If you have refreshed a partial or full sandbox from Production, please create a template that does not include the Payment Gateway object. Otherwise scheduled transactions in production will get recaptured in the sandbox.
Navigate to Custom Settings from Setup. Click "Manage" next to the transaction parent custom setting and click "remove" next to the object. Then navigate to the Transaction object and delete the lookup field to that object.
Set Auto-charge Transaction Batch Job Size to "1"
- Navigate to Setup
- Search for and click "Custom Settings"
- Click "Blackthorn Pay - Trigger Settings.
- Click Manage.
- Click Edit.
- Set the Auto-Charge Batch Size = "1".
- Click Save.
We highly suggest turning on the field history tracking for select Transaction and Payment Method fields. This helps with troubleshooting.
|Object Name||Field Name|
|Payment Method||Card Number|
|Payment Method Status|