Install the latest version of Blackthorn Payments from the AppExchange. * Note our applications do not work with Trial Organizations
This is an optional step unless you are wanting to use:
- ACH Payment Methods
- Credit Card Updater
Trialing Blackthorn | Events?
Configuring webhooks can be skipped during your trial.
If you have refreshed a Partial or Full Sandbox from Production, please create a template that does not include the Payment Gateway object. Otherwise scheduled Transactions in Production will get recaptured in Sandbox.
Navigate to the Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard.
Lightning: Navigate to app launcher, select "Payments (Admin)" app, click "Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard" tab.
Classic: Navigate to the application drop-down button (blue button in the upper right-hand corner), select "Payments (Admin)" app, click on the "Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard" tab.
- Connect to your Stripe account in test mode (which creates a connected Payment Gateway record).
Haven't set up a Stripe Account yet? No problem!
When you select the test mode option, a window pops up to create/login to a Stripe Account. Right above the form, there is a link where you can bypass creating a real account for testing purposes.
- Once you have completed testing, create a new Payment Gateway record in live mode.
- Answer the following questions.
Defined the wrong object during the Relationship step?
Navigate to custom settings from Setup. Click manage next to either Payment Method parent or Transaction parent, click remove next to the object. Then navigate to the Transaction object and delete the lookup field to that object.
Webhooks automatically send specified data to a destination (endpoint) from database events. Our Payments app utilizes Webhooks for many of our features, such as updating your Salesforce Org with credit card information and creating Dispute records.
- Within Setup | In the Quick Find, type in and click "Sites."
- If a Force.com domain has not been setup continue with the instructions, otherwise navigate to Step Two.
- Enter a value for your Force.com domain and click check availability
- Click New next to Sites.
- Set a
Site Name, and
Default Web Address(We suggest using
- Check the
- On the active Site home page field click the
Lookup iconand select InMaintenance (the page is not visible, it's just a placeholder because a value is required).
Require Secure Connections (HTTPS).
- Click Save.
- Click on Public Access Settings
Click on "View Users" or "Assign Users"
Click on the user
- Add the Blackthorn | Payments (Webhook Event Admin) permission set to this user's record
Not seeing a Blackthorn | Payments (Webhook Event Admin) permission set? Please upgrade to the latest version then try again.
- Navigate to your connected Stripe account dashboard.
If you are creating a Webhook URL for your Stripe account in test mode, make sure the "Viewing test data" switch is on.
- Select the Developers tab on the left hand side.
- Click the Webhooks tab and select
- In the
URL to be calledfield you need to set the url to the Salesforce webhook Site you just created. You'll need to replace the 3 upper-case values with your org values in this url:
SITE_DOMAIN_NAME = The Salesforce Domain Name for the Site you setup. To get this value, navigate to the Site record and look at the Custom URLs related list. If you see more than 1 domain name, always use the one with secure in the name - these use https which is required by Stripe. Use the
Domain Name value.
SITE_PATH = The Path for the Site. Use the
Path value from the Custom URLs related list of the Site.
WEBHOOK_LABEL = To get this value, navigate to the Payment Gateway record you want to use. Then copy the value from the
Webhook Label field.
So for the images above, your webhook url would be:
If you have multiple Stripe Accounts connected to your Salesforce Org, and want to create Webhook Endpoint for each in Stripe, you can use the same Salesforce Site - you just need to change WEBHOOK_LABEL part of the Url to the
Webhook Label value of the
Payment Gateway record you want to use.
Verifying in Test Mode:
- Select the API tab on the left-hand side and click the Webhooks tab.
- Click on your URL.
- In the top right, click "Send Test Webhook."
- Event Type: "Customer.Created" and click "Send Test Webhook."
If you received a "Test webhook sent successfully" message, then Webhooks are set up correctly!
Verifying in Live Mode:
In live mode, don’t forget to create a new URL. You can copy your Test Webhook URL, and update the
Webhook Label from your live Payment Gateway record.
- Create a new Customer in Stripe.
- Click on the newly created customer record, scroll down to Events, and select the Event record.
- Scroll down to Webhooks.
If the Webhook record says "Success", then Webhooks are set up correctly in Production.
Webhook signatures is an additional layer of security. When setting them up, the system makes sure that the webhook event messages are not corrupted in Salesforce.
- Go to Stripe Dashboard | Webhooks
- Select the webhook
- On the Signing Secret section click 'Click to Reveal'
- Navigate in your Salesforce Org to Setup | Custom Metadata Settings
- Click Webhook Secret | Manage Records
- Insert the Virtual Terminal onto your parent object(s) Page Layouts.
- Use Payment Schedules to create future looking Transactions in minutes.
- Learn about our supported Payment Methods.
If you have received an error in the Setup Wizard, Webhooks or have a question, please view our Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have Setup Wizard or Webhook questions, please contact Blackthorn Support. We're happy to help!