- 13 Jul 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
March 2022 - Version 5.53
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
Once the updates listed below have been reviewed, please follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade your Payments application.
Enable Secure Static Resources for Lightning Components is a Salesforce Release Update that has been postponed indefinitely.
Test Run on this Release Update should remain disabled in order to use our Virtual Terminal components. This is due to a Salesforce Known Issue.
1. To upgrade Payments to the newest version, go to the Blackthorn CandyShop.
2. Navigate to Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard, click the PayLink tab, and install the latest PayLink package.
Stripe Billing Component
- The order of options on the “Select the Billing Frequency and Currency” screen have been reordered. Users will now see them in the following order:
Select Subscription Billing Frequency (Interval), “Advanced,” and
- On the “Review Subscription Details” screen, the text “Number of periods between the above Billing Frequencies” has been changed to “Number of periods between billing cycles.”
- The name of the “Select Coupon” screen has been changed to “Select a Coupon”.
- The “Select or Create a Coupon” label on the “Select a Coupon” screen (previously “Select Coupon”), has been changed to “Select a Coupon”
- When the
Prorate this Subscription?option is set to “Active” on the “Select Subscription Dates and Billing Details” page, the
Select a Proration Behavioroption will be removed and the
Proration Behavioron the new Subscription will automatically be set to “Creation Prorations.”
- If a user tries to set the
Trial - End Dateto a date or time that is AFTER the
Future Billing - Start Date, the user will see the following message: “Trials must end before or on the billing cycle start date. You need to adjust either the billing cycle start date or the trial end date.”
Payment Gatewaywill be updated based on the
Customerdefined on the Opportunity. As a result, the user will not be prompted to choose a Payment Gateway or Payment Gateway Customer. Instead, the “Select the Billing Frequency and Currency” page will appear after clicking the
Nextbutton on the “Create New Stripe Billing Subscription” page.
- The following updates were also made to the “Create New Stripe Billing Subscription” page.
- The header on the “Select the Stripe Customer” page has been changed to “ Select a Stripe Customer”.
- On the “Select a Stripe Customer” page, the
Select a Customerpicklist will display a list of customers with email addresses that are related to the selected Gateway and to the same Account as the Opportunity.
- After clicking the
Create Customerbutton on the “Select a Stripe Customer” page, the header on the next page will now be “Create a Stripe Customer”. The “Select a Contact” screen will not be visible if there are no Contacts related to the Account.
Descriptionfield was added to the “Create a Stripe Customer” page.
If a Payment Gateway Customer is deleted and a new Payment Method is created with the previous Payment Gateway Customer’s credit card details, a new Payment Gateway Customer with a valid Payment Method will now be created.
Users without API access can now create new Line Items for an Invoice.
After creating a Line Item on an Invoice with the
Quantityleft blank, the
Quantityon the Line Item will default to "1".
The label for the
Sales Documentlookup field (conference360Sales_Documentc) on the Opportunity object has been changed to
Invoice. This change will ensure the Events package has the correct label updates for Invoice (previously Sales Document).
The Payment Gateway Customer matching rule will no longer block the creation of duplicate Payment Gateway Customers when those customers are using different Payment Gateways.
NOTE: Users upgrading Payments will need to manually deactivate the current "Payment Gateway Customer Dup Rule" matching rule and activate the new Payment_Gateway_Customer_Matching_Rule2 matching rule. The new matching rule will be installed automatically for new installations.
- When a Transaction is successfully disputed in Stripe, the Transaction Id on the chargeback reversal transaction (refund) will now populate correctly.
- When the Subscription Schedule is canceled in Stripe, the following will now occur:
- The Subscription Schedule
Statusis updated to “Canceled”.
Canceled On Dateon the Subscription Schedule is updated to the date the Subscription was canceled.
- The Subscription Schedule
- In Salesforce, if a user edits or clears the value of a field which is mapped to Stripe Metadata, then the change will now automatically get pushed to Stripe.
- Tiers created in Stripe related to Prices will now be created in Salesforce when using webhooks or the historical sync functionality.
- After winning a disputed charge in a Stripe gateway, the
Net Amountof the final reversal charge will show the $15.00 Stripe dispute fee as added to the original
Amountinstead of deducted from it.
- The logic in the Virtual Terminal has been updated to prevent users from receiving the "Cannot read properties of null" error when trying to add a Payment Method. The user should now select a
Related Torecord before adding a new Payment Method.
- To prevent the 'bill_to_city' parameter in a Spreedly transaction payload from being left blank after processing a transaction, the payload structure and api method were updated to include the Payment Method address fields.
- Images set on an Invoice record in the fields
DocumentLink Field 1or
DocumentLink Field 2will now load properly when viewing the DocumentLink.
For information about the most recent Android Mobile Payment App updates, please review the Android Mobile Payments app Release Notes.
If you have any questions about this or need help with testing, please don't hesitate to reach out to Blackthorn Support.