- 13 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
December 2021 - Version 5.46
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
Once the updates listed below have been reviewed, please follow the upgrade instructions to upgrade your Payments application.
Enable Secure Static Resources for Lightning Components is a Salesforce Release Update that has been postponed indefinitely.
Test Run on this Release Update should remain disabled in order to use our Virtual Terminal components. This is due to a Salesforce Known Issue.
- Review the Bug Fixes.
- Install Version 5.46 of Blackthorn Payments here.
- Navigate to Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard, click the PayLink tab, and install the latest PayLink package.
Chatbutton is now available on the Payments Setup Wizard and Blackthorn | Payments Admin screens.
Updates to the Blackthorn | Payments Admin tab:
Metadata Updatesbutton was changed to
Deploy Record Typesbutton on the Upgrade tab was changed to
Enable All Record Types. To enable all record types, click
Enable All Record Types, go to the Payment Method tab, and click
New. The new
Record Type, "Other" will be listed with "Card" and "ACH".
To add the
Accepted Checkout Payment Methodsfield to Payment Gateway object, go to Blackthorn | Payments Admin, click
Upgrade, and click
Add Payment Fields to Page Layout. Go to the Payment Gateway record to confirm the field was added.
Add Picklist Valuesbutton was added to the Upgrade tab.
To add "Stripe Checkout" to the
Allowed Payment Methodsfield, go to the PayLink Configuration object and click
New. Go to the Payment Gateway record to confirm the field was added.
Users can now download a PDF invoice from a DocumentLink without being required to submit a payment via a connected Payment Gateway. The
Paybutton on the DocumentLink may be visible or hidden, but the
Downloadbutton will always be visible.
The new Stripe Billing component is in Beta release. If it is manually added to the layout, the user will see that the
Product Typedropdown on the Choose Price for each Product element on the Opportunity record has been changed to a radio button.
The Source (Object) and Source (Field) fields have been added to the Stripe Metadata Mapping default layout.
- Using Historical Sync will no longer cause Transactions to be overwritten with the data from other Transactions.
- When a Sales Document is associated with a Lead, the name associated with the Lead will appear in the
Bill Tofield on the Sales document.
- To prevent a Transaction from being incorrectly updated after multiple payment attempts, the
Transaction Statuswill change to “Failed” when the charge (transaction) fails and is not left in “Open” status.
- Instead of duplicate transaction reattempts being created, only a single transaction reattempt will be created after a charge.failed webhook processes the first reattempt.
- Users will no longer receive an error related to the record Id attribute when adding the Virtual Terminal aura component to a Lightning page.
- A Payment Gateway Customer’s addresses will now be automatically pushed to Stripe after creating a new Payment Method for that account in the
Related Tofield of the Virtual Terminal.
- Source fields will only map to fields in the Virtual Terminal when specific mapping exists between the source and target fields. Extra fields will no longer map to a transaction from an object record when no metadata mapping has been configured for those fields.
Parent Objectfield in the Virtual Terminal will now correctly auto-populate with the current Transaction parent object as long as it is defined in the Custom Settings.
- Government Cloud users can now authorize PayLink successfully after reaching out to the Support team to provide their Salesforce Domain.
- If a payment fails using PayLink, we now expose the error description given by the payment gateway instead of a generic error message. The new error message will be visible as of January 7, 2022.
- When a subscription is canceled and unpaid invoices are voided, the Account subscription rollup fields will update accordingly.
- After creating a new Subscription, the accompanying webhooks will process, ensuring that the existing Subscription Line Items are not duplicated and match what was sent to Stripe.
- After making multiple payment attempts that are related to a single Payment Intent in Stripe, a separate record will be made in Salesforce for each failed Transaction (payment attempt).
- To prevent invoices from being sent prematurely when updating a field on a draft invoice, check
Disable Send Invoice Immediatelyin “Blackthorn Pay - Trigger Settings.”
- Deleting text in a Payment Gateway Customer (PGC) field will now automatically update the relevant field in Stripe.
- When processing a CIM profile/payment method without an email address in Authorize.net, the net.authorize.customer.created webhook will process correctly and create a new record or update an existing one.
- The Payment Method
- When using Blackthorn Compliance in trial mode, users can mask a maximum of 10 records. At the 11th record, a log file that says, "This record was not masked as this org’s license has run out of masked record allowances. Contact Blackthorn.io for questions." will be created.
Casefield in the Log record will now auto-populate when a a field is masked on a Case record.
- To assist with security, the reCaptcha setting on Donations forms will automatically be turned on.
- When the Custom Setting
Disable Payments Validationsis enabled and a user unchecks the
Paidcheckbox on an NPSP Payment record, validation errors will no longer appear on the NPSP Payment record.
- On the Donations form, the spelling of “processing” in the Processing Message has been corrected.
Field, Object, and Layout Changes
New Fields, Objects, and Layouts
- The Add Picklist Values button was added to the Upgrade tab.
- The Source (Object) and Source (Field) fields have been added to the Stripe Metadata Mapping default layout.
- The component logos and labels in the Lightning App Builder have been updated to include the new Blackthorn logo and labeling convention.
- The objects/tabs in Blackthorn's apps have been updated so a unique icon represents each app.
Refer A Friendbutton has been added to the following admin pages/wizards.
- Blackthorn | Payments Admin tab
- Blackthorn | Events Admin tab
- Blackthorn | Donations Admin tab
- Blackthorn | Compliance Admin tab
- Blackthorn | Payments Setup Wizard tabThe respective admin can click the
Refer A Friendbutton to share a friend's name and email address with Blackthorn.
- We’ve added a new Apex class to avoid a common cause of confusion around Event authorization in a newly refreshed partial or full sandbox. This class will reset the authorization components in the newly refreshed sandbox so users are aware that authorization has not yet been completed. Users will need to add the
BTEventsPostSandboxRefreshapexclass to the sandbox refresh process for this reset capability.
- Permissions associated with the Blackthorn | Events (Admin) Permission Set’s Object Settings have been API enabled and updated to include:
- Accounts: Read/View
- Contacts: Read/View
- Products: Read
- A new user’s license will automatically be applied when the license is authenticated through OAuth during the installation of Payments and Events. This step will streamline the installation process.
If you have any questions about this or need help with testing, please don't hesitate to reach out to Blackthorn Support.