- 12 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Install & Setup
- Updated on 12 Oct 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Install the latest version of Blackthorn Payments and complete the setup wizard.
- Install the Blackthorn Mobile Payments package in a sandbox or production and assign licenses to all users that need access.
- Install our iOS app.
Add Mobile Pay Action to Transaction Page Layout
The Mobile Pay action can be added to the Transaction page layout to link the Salesforce mobile app to the Blackthorn Mobile Payments app. This allows Salesforce mobile app users to take a mobile payment.
Follow the steps below to add the Mobile Pay action to the Transaction page layout.
- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Customize > Custom Objects and click the Transaction object.
- Click Edit next to the Charge Transaction Layout.
- Click the Mobile & Lightning Actions link to show all available Actions.
- Drag the Mobile Pay action to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section.
- Click Save.
Enable Send Receipt Email in Salesforce
After a mobile transaction is complete, Salesforce can send a receipt via email to the customer if the Receipt Email field is populated AND the Transaction Status = “Completed”.
Follow the steps below to enable this feature.
- In Salesforce, go to Setup > Workflow Rules.
- Click Activate next to "Send Blackthorn | Payments Receipt (Text)".
Card Reader Firmware Updates
We've added the ability to update your card reader firmware inside the Mobile Payments app.
- Navigate to the Reader screen.
- Connect your reader.
- Notice that while connecting the reader, we are checking for firmware updates.
- If your reader has a firmware update available, a link to install the update will appear.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update.
When connecting a Stripe card reader, a modal screen will appear on the Mobile Payments app to ask for Bluetooth permissions for the following new permissions in Android 12 or higher.
- BLUETOOTH_CONNECT: required to connect to paired Bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_SCAN: required to scan and pair nearby Bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADVERTISE: required to advertise to nearby Bluetooth devices.
If you need to determine which software version was used for a Transaction, add the Mobile App Version field to your Transaction object. The Mobile App Version will automatically populate with the application platform name (iOS or Android) and the version number.
If you have any questions about the setup process, please contact Blackthorn Support. We're happy to help!