From v2.17 onwards there is a change in the checkout process to allow Leads or Contacts to be created if there is no match. By default, a Contact is created.
On Event Checkout, to enable management of Leads with create or update, set the Event Settings as follows:
In Event Settings record define
- Registration Entity Type = Lead
- Update the Event Settings lookup on Event to reference the settings
Matching logic order:
- Attempt to match on existing Contacts as defined by Salesforce Contact Matching Rules (which starts with identical email matching)
- If there is a match, set the Attendee to the matching Contact.
- If there is no match, attempt to match on existing Leads by Salesforce Lead Matching Rules.
- If there is a match, set the lookup on Attendee to the matching Lead.
- If there is no match, a new Lead will be created and associated with Attendee.
When a Lead is converted, the Contact Id is automatically updated on the associated Attendee record (the lookup from Lead to Contact is carried over automatically).
Updated 8 months ago