Leads or Contacts are created on checkout if there is no match to an existing contact or lead. By default, a Contact is created.
To enable Leads to be created or updated, set the Event Settings as follows:
In Event Settings record define
- Registration Entity Type = Lead
- Update the Event Settings lookup on Event to reference the settings
Matching logic order:
- Attempt to match on existing Contacts as defined by Salesforce Contact Matching Rules (which starts with identical email matching)
- If there is a match, set the Attendee to the matching Contact.
- If there is no match, attempt to match on existing Leads by Salesforce Lead Matching Rules.
- If there is a match, set the lookup on Attendee to the matching Lead.
- If there is no match, a new Lead will be created and associated with Attendee.
When a Lead is converted, the Contact Id is automatically updated on the associated Attendee record (the lookup from Lead to Contact is carried over automatically).
Updated 3 months ago