- 13 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
June 2021 - Version 3.27
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 5 Minutes to read
If you have any questions about the release note, please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our support form.
Starting with the June 2021 release, we will require all customers to be no more than 3 versions behind the latest version. We'll start reaching out to customers in April that are more than 3 versions behind.
Over the last few months, we've been doing our best to improve the caching experience for all users. Through a significant amount of development work, testing, and cases submitted by you, we believe we're finally at the end of these issues. We thank you all very much for your patience through these growing pains. Please read our Event Caching documentation to learn more about caching.
Please keep in mind - you will need to be on the latest version to take advantage of the caching updates.
- Removed the Field Set
Event Builder Event Fieldsfrom the package. This Field Set was no longer being used by the Event Wizard. Please make sure you are using the
Blackthorn | Events Wizard Event FieldsField Set.
- If a
NULLvalue was defined for
Waitlist Capacityon an Event Item record please update the value to
99999or similar to keep an unlimited number of waitlisted attendees. To learn more, read our documentation here.
- Several label fields have been removed from the Event Item object. Please see here for more info.
Stripe Checkout is now supported on Blackthorn Events! Stripe Checkout supports 25+ languages, 135+ currencies, and dynamically shows the payment methods for different countries making it easy for attendees all over the globe to register and pay for events!
Back End Enhancements
- Added a new Scheduled Job to mark all events that are 1 year or older as
Unpublished. See our Scheduled Jobs for more information. This change will help reduce caching issues.
- Added functionality for the
Reply Tofeature in Blackthorn Enhanced Emails.
- Removed the SoundCloud component from the Event Wizard.
- Added the
Distancefield to the
Filter Fieldsvalues in Event Groups. Check out our documentation to learn more!
Front End Bug Fixes
- Fixed: The error page when an event is unpublished or inaccessible has been updated with new terminology.
- Fixed: The
Hintfield will now work correctly for Post Event Surveys.
- Fixed: When viewing events in community on mobile, the language selector has been removed and will now rely on the language of the community.
- Fixed: When a conditional question was marked required, but the answer the attendee gave in the parent question did not trigger the subsequent question to become visible, we noticed the user was not able to complete registration. The user should now be able to proceed with registration when the conditional question is not triggered.
- Fixed: When using Big List Groups some users were seeing duplicate front end values routed to the same record in Salesforce. Duplicate values will no longer appear in the front end picklist.
- Fixed: When using TouchNet and Pay Later, previously there was bug that rerouted Pay Later payments to the TouchNet checkout.
- Fixed: When authenticated users log in via Iframes, the
Add Myselfbutton will now appear.
- Fixed: When navigating the
CalendarEvent Group type, if an attendee clicks on an event, and the navigates back to the calendar, their search settings will be saved.
- Fixed: When an attendee's
Pending, they will no longer be counted towards the event capacity.
Back End Bug Fixes
- Fixed: When creating a webinar linked to Zoom and the event
Descriptionfield is over 2,000 characters in Salesforce, this will no longer throw an error when creating the event. Now, it will limit the description in Zoom to 2,000, or use the
- Fixed: When using the Email Template Builder, some users were seeing a
Cannot Read Property of undefinederror preventing the ability to save and create email templates.
- Fixed: Updated the
Help Texton the
Confirmation Emailfield on the Event object to reflect the expected behavior.
- Fixed: Some users experienced issues when attempting to clone an Event record using the
Clonebutton. We found that when a user adds an additional related list item to the page layout the clone feature was displaying a blank modal. We've updated our logic to retrieve relationship names dynamically to prevent this from occurring.
- Fixed: Removed the field requirement for
DividerForm Element. This will allow users to use a divider without having to add any questions.
- Fixed: When using the Attendee Registration Lightning Component it is now possible to cancel an attendee's registration.
- Fixed: It is now possible to register
Guestticket types through the Attendee Registration Lightning Component.
- Fixed: While creating Form Element records of type
Checkboxusers noticed they were not able to edit the condition of the checkbox labeled
Default Checkbox Value. When clicking
Editon the Form Element record users will now be able to set
Default Checkbox Valueto either TRUE or FALSE.
- Fixed: When using the Email Template Builder, when resizing the browser window to be smaller, there will now be a prompt informing users that the screen resolution is too small.
- Fixed: When scheduling a Zoom Meeting (not Webinar), registration on Zoom will no longer be required by default.
- Event Wizard fixes:
- Fixed: Previously the Event Wizard would not allow adding any Speakers to a Session that was created before the Speaker.
- Fixed: A bug that was sporadically preventing Email Templates to be cloned through the Event Wizard.
- Fixed: When creating an event via the Clone feature in the Event Wizard, the event will no longer be created until using one of the
- Fixed: The Event Wizard component for adding Attendees was displaying an incorrect message when adding Campaigns. We've modified the message at the top of the modal to reflect the number of people added. Users will now see a message similar to the following: "Adding X Attendees".
- Fixed: When selecting a recurring instance of either
Every Weekday (Monday-Friday)or
Every Weekend (Saturday-Sunday)the resulting Event records were actually showing a monthly cadence. Users should now see recurring dates reflected appropriately.
- Fixed: When creating Recurring Events from the Event Wizard, all related objects will now clone properly.
- Fixed: When cloning an Event record from the Event Wizard the condition from the
Featured Eventcheckbox was not being carried over to the new Event record. This has been resolved.
FAQ Categoryfield has been deprecated. Please use the
Categoryfield moving foward.
- Added the
Distancefield to the
Filter Fieldscategory on the Event Group object.
- The following Event Item fields have been deprecated. Please use Data Dictionary / Translations to manage these labels moving forward.
- Company Label
- Country Label
- Full Name Label
- Phone Label
- Address Label
- Email Label
- Title Label
- The following Attendee fields have been deprecated. Please update these values and any process builder/flows/workflow rules/email templates/page layouts with the new values from the
Fields & Relationshipstab in Setup.