Our event creation process is designed to be lightweight but robust if needed— you can get an event live in just 3 steps.
- Event Settings
- Event Details
- Event Items
If this is your first time creating an event, please follow the instructions below to get yourself familiar with the objects and fields. Additional features, like creating checkout questions or relabeling tabs are listed at the bottom of this page.
These settings are the back-end to your event. This controls things like payment methods, fonts, colors, venues, language options, etc. keep reading to find out more!
- Go to the app launcher and click on the Events (Planner) app.
- Click on the
Event Settingstab and click the "New" button.
- Here, you can define the
Event Setting Name, set your theme, and the background color (optional).
- All other settings here are optional, giving you plenty of customization!
The event settings record lets you determine what data you want to expose on your event. For example, if you would like to show all the attendees that registered, set Attendees to "Always".
For additional features, click here
- Create an event from the event setting related list.
- Add a name, time zone, status, and organizer to your event
- Be sure to add a payment gateway and currency (if your attendees will be paying) or check 'free' if the event is free**.
Event Settings field
Event Settingsfield will be auto-populated, since we are creating it from the Event Settings record. However, if you are creating an Event from the Event page, you will have to manually define this field.
Event Page URL
When you save the Event record, this field will auto-populate with the hosted event page url.
- Set the event start date, start time, end date, and end time.
- Add an image.
- When opening your event, this will be on the cover of the event.
- URL link needs to be HTTPS, not HTTP
- For a Salesforce File, copy the public link.
- Classic Salesforce Document, mark "Externally Available", right click on the image, copy the image address.
- Classic In the editor, both Upload Image/Web Address image upload options work. See below.
Check here to see more details about images.
- Set the event description.
- This will show up below the image we defined in the previous step. This description gives a brief overview of the event that is being hosted.
- Set the event venue.
- This is the location of your event, and will show up on the event page in the right hand column.
- Define what happens after submission.
- After registering for the event, this is what the attendee will see.
After Submissionshows either a success message or a redirect to a defined URL.
If you select "Show Success Message", enter your
Registration Success Message. If you select "Redirect to URL", enter in the
Once we have defined these steps, our event starts to come together and looks a little something like this!
- Set quick budgets.
If you want to enter in quick budgets for each category, you can do so directly on the Event. If you want to relate the event to Budget & Expense records, these fields will automatically update.
Event Items defines the event your customer is registering for. Alternatively, you can add multiple Event Items to define ticket levels (General/VIP) with prices according to each.
- Create a new event item from the event-related list.
- Enter in the name, price (if paid event) or check free, description, and sales start/end date then click save.
- The Sales Start and End Date will specify what days the tickets are available for purchase. For example - If our event is on 12/31 for New Year's Eve, we may want to stop ticket sales by 12/20 to ensure we can organize food and drinks for the attendees.
Your event is ready to view!
- Click on the
Event URLand view your live event.
Learn how the event checkout process works
Create checkout questions, enable event confirmation emails, and more!
Please contact us. Our team can help.
Updated 13 days ago