Our event creation process is designed to be lightweight but robust if needed— you can get an event live in just 3 steps.
- Event Settings
- Event Details
- Event Items
If this is your first time creating an event, please follow the instructions below to get yourself familiar with the objects and fields. Additional features, like creating checkout questions or relabeling tabs are listed at the bottom of this page.
These settings are the back-end to your event. This controls things like payment methods, fonts, colors, venues, language options, etc. keep reading to find out more!
- Go to the app launcher and click on the Events (Planner) app.
- Click on the
Event Settingstab and click the "New" button.
- Here, you can define the
Event Setting Name, set your theme, and the background color (optional).
- All other settings here are optional, giving you plenty of customization!
The event settings record lets you determine what data you want to expose on your event. For example, if you would like to show all the attendees that registered, set Attendees to "Always".
For additional features, click here
- Create an event from the event setting related list.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Time zone
- Payment Gateway and Currency (if your attendees will be paying) or check 'free' if the event is free.
If none of your events require a paid registration, we have included an empty default gateway to set on events. Navigate to the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab to create the gateway. This will automatically set the Payment Gateway value for any events created without one defined.
- Set the event
Event Start Date,
Event Start Time,
Event End Date, and
Event End Time. The
Event Start Date/Timeand
Event End Date/Timeshould be used for formula fields, email templates, etc. These two fields will pull the correct date and time regardless of timezone for the attendee.
- Add an image.
- When opening your event, this will be on the cover of the event.
- URL link needs to be HTTPS, not HTTP.
- For a Salesforce File, copy the public link.
- Classic Salesforce Document, mark "Externally Available", right click on the image, copy the image address.
- Classic In the editor, both Upload Image/Web Address image upload options work. See below.
Check here to see more details about images.
- Set the event description.
- This will show up below the image we defined in the previous step. This description gives a brief overview of the event that is being hosted.
- Set the event venue.
- This is the location of your event, and will show up on the event page in the right hand column.
- Define what happens after submission.
- After registering for the event, this is what the attendee will see.
After Submissionshows either a success message or a redirect to a defined URL.
If you select "Show Success Message", enter your
Registration Success Message. If you select "Redirect to URL", enter in the
- Make sure the
Publishcheckbox is enabled
- This controls whether or not your event has been published for the whole world to see.
Once we have defined these steps, our event starts to come together and looks a little something like this!
- Set quick budgets.
If you want to enter in quick budgets for each category, you can do so directly on the Event. If you want to relate the event to Budget & Expense records, these fields will automatically update.
Event Items defines the event your customer is registering for. Alternatively, you can add multiple Event Items to define ticket levels (General/VIP/Guest) with prices according to each.
- Create a new event item from the event-related list.
- Enter in the following information for your event item:
Price (if requiring payment) or enable the
Freecheckbox for free events
Sales Start/End Date**
Note: The Sales Start and End Date will specify what days the tickets are available for purchase. For example - If our event is on 12/31 for New Year's Eve, we may want to stop ticket sales by 12/20 to ensure we can organize food and drinks for the attendees.
Note: When defining the
Main Event Ticket is the primary option.
Guest is used if you would like attendeess to have the option to bring a guest with to the Main Event Ticket.
Below is an example of the
Guest ticket option
Your event is ready to view!
- Click on the
Event URLand view your live event. If Event or Event Item (s) are not rendering even after publishing, please watch this quick video on how to troubleshoot visibility controls!
Learn how the event checkout process works
Create checkout questions, enable event confirmation emails, and more!
Please contact us. Our team can help.
Updated about a month ago