Access for Event Managers
Unless you have a System Admin profile or were assigned the Blackthorn Events (Admin) or Blackthorn Events (Organizer) permission set, your Salesforce administrator will need to give you access to the Event Wizard.
The Event Wizard is accessible from your App Launcher.
- Open the App Launcher
- Type in, "Event Wizard" and select the Event Wizard tab.
This is where you'll define the following:
- The record type, if applicable.
- Note: Required fields will not be respected based upon Page Layout settings for the Record Type selected. If you have record types created, a prompt will appear to select the record type you'd like to use.
- The name of your event.
- The start and end date.
- The timezone the event will be hosted in.
- If the event is recurring or not.
Alternatively, if you have an event already created that you would like to clone, you can use the
Clone from a previous event option.
Avoid Duplicate Events
To prevent custom recurring events, that are cloned from an event in the Event Wizard, from generating duplicate events, please complete the following fields under the
Recurringfield on the Event Wizard.
First Event Start Date
First Event Start Time
First Event End Date
First Event End Time
Choosing an option here will display the layout of your event page. This is what an attendee will see when visiting the registration page.
- Tabbed - our traditional checkout for free and paid events
- Simple - single page UI only for free events
- BYO-CSS - this is an alteration of our UI where you inject custom CSS to tweak the event page to your liking.
Updated 2 months ago