The “Products” section will be updated automatically when the Events app is installed and/or upgraded.
Out of the box, you can create a Product, provide a description, define the sales start and end dates, and track the quantity sold. In addition to the items just described, we also provide the features covered below.
The section “Products” was added to the Event page layout. The Products section will include the following fields:
Line Item Name,
Attendee Full Name,
There are multiple fields on the Attendee record that determine what is included on the Attendee Form during checkout. This is where you can hide fields, make them required, or show them as optional.
The “Line Item” Related List should be visible on the Attendee record.
Depending on your use case, set each field's picklist value to either required, optional, or hidden.
Set the minimum and the maximum number of Products (Event Items) allowed per order by updating the
Minimum Quantity and
Maximum Quantity fields on the Event Item record.
The Maximum Quantity cannot be larger than "10" per the Salesforce Validation Rule.
- Edit the Event Item page layout and add the
Maximum Quantityfields to the page layout.
- Go to the Event Item record and update the
- Navigate back to your Event record.
- Click on the
Event Page URLlink.
As the Products feature grows, new fields and functionality will be added. This section will provide information about each one as it is added.
- Location: Line Item object
- Purpose: a text formula field that shows the type of Event Item
- Location: Attendee object
- Purpose: a checkbox field that shows whether an Attendee purchased a product
The new Purchased Products field on the Attendee object needs to be added manually as it is not added by default to the page layout.
- The Event Item Type for a Product is “Other”.
- If a Product is added on the Event Item, it will be carried to the Line Item on the Invoice.
Eventlookup field has been added to the Line Item record to show which Event the Product is related to.
- A Product’s information is added to a selected Attendee when the Product is added to the cart.
- If a Product’s information has not been added to an Attendee, the Product’s Information will be added to the first Attendee.
Custom Forms are NOT supported for Products.
Updated 13 days ago