- 13 Jul 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Events that are similar can be shown on the same list by assigning them to an Event Group. For example, if you want to group webinars together, you can create a new Event Group record named Webinars in Salesforce and it will group your webinars together. Keep reading to find out more!
Look and Feel
With Event Groups, there are currently four different UIs that are supported. Check them out below to see which you like the most!
Here is an example of the Event Group List view.
Here is an example of the Event Group Calendar view.
Here is an example of the Event Group Aspen view.
Here is an example of the Event Group Maple view.
Create an Event Group
- Navigate to the Event Group tab and click New to create a new Event Group.
- Fill in the Event Group Name.
- Enable the Default checkbox if you want this Event Group to be added to all Event by default.
- Primary Color (#) - This is a hex value and will control the colors that are displayed on the Event Group.
- Logo URL - We support SVG files for uploading an image for Event Groups. This will ensure any resoluti
- on image used will display properly on the Event Group. This image will be displayed in the top-left corner of the Event Group. Please see our documentation on Images for more information.
- Event Group Settings - If you want to hide full capacity Events related to the Event Group, set the Settings picklist field to "Hide Full Events Without Waitlisting".
- Use the UI Experience picklist to determine which user interface you want an end user to see .
- Calendar - will display a calendar view with Events marked by date.
- List - will display a list view with Events sorted by date.
- Aspen - will display a grid view with Events that can be filtered by keywords.
- Maple - will display a list view with Events that can be filtered by keywords.
Navigate to an Event and define the Event Group.
Click the Event Group URL and you will see all your grouped Events!
If you would like a featured event at the top of the page, navigate to one of your Events in the Event Group and check the Featured Event field.
Notice the "Free Event" is our Featured Event for this Event Group!
Name, Description, and Image
The following Event Group fields will be pulled from the individual Event record.
- The Event Group Name will be pulled from the Event Name field.
- The Event Group Description will be pulled from the Event Description field.
- The Image will be pulled from the Event Image URL field.
By default, we provide different types of Event sorting within your Event Group.
This allows an Attendee to see upcoming Events, all Events, or Events within a selected range of dates.
On the Event Group URL page, select an option from the Category drop-down field.
This allows an Attendee to filter between categories, such as "Virtual Events", "Conference", "Class/Workshops" and more! If your Events do not have a Category assigned, the picklist will not be available.
Filtered Event Sorting
The field Filter Fields is located on the Event Group record. When this field is defined, certain filters can be hidden or displayed.
There are 4 options in the Filter Fields picklist.
When chosen, this will display the different Categories that are assigned to your Events.
NOTE: If all Events in an Event Group are assigned to the same Category, this field will not appear on the Event page.
When chosen, this will display the different Event Keywords that are assigned to your Events.
Since the Filter Fields field is a required value, pick this option if you don't want any Categories or Keywords to appear. This will also hide the Filter Fields picklist from the Event page.
When customers are viewing the Event Group by Distance, they will be prompted (if the request for access is enabled) to turn on their location services. Events will be sorted by closest to furthest, and Events within a Mileage Distance Group will be sorted by newest to oldest.