Data Dictionary Update
The Data Dictionary feature will work with the new Checkout process, allowing other languages to be used as they are in the rest of the Events app.
The below process lets you know as an internal Salesforce Events user what happens when someone completes an Event checkout.
Step 1: Attendee completes the checkout from the Event.
ADDITIONAL PROCESS FOR PAID EVENTS:
Step 2: A Payment Method record is added to Salesforce with the Card ID (i.e the token).
Step 3: A Transaction is created and authorized (processed/charged).
IMMEDIATE FOR FREE AND PAID EVENTS:
Step 4: A Event Registration Submission record is created as a JSON file capturing all related data.
Step 5: An Attendee record is created and related to the Event record.
Step 6: Attendee's
Registration Statusis updated to "Registered" or "Waitlisted-Pending". When Attendee's
Registration Statusis updated to "Registered" the Registration Date/Time is set(v2.53 onwards)
Step 7: The Event Registration Submission record is processed.
Step 8: Authorized transactions are captured
Step 9: A transaction receipt is sent to the donor if that's enabled as a Workflow Rule.
Step 10: The Contact/Lead is attempted to be matched on configured Salesforce matching and duplicate logic. If a match, the rest of the logic follows under that Contact/Lead. If there's no match, a new Contact/Lead is created. Default matching logic: First Name, Last Name, and Email.
ADDITIONAL PROCESS FOR PAID EVENTS
Step 11: The Payment Method and Transaction from Steps 2 and 3 are updated to this new Contact(if the contact has been created).
Step 12: An Invoice is created and all Attendees and the Bill To contact or lead are related.
The process your Attendees will follow when viewing and registering for your Free Event
The process your Attendees will follow when viewing and registering for your Paid Event
- Event: Overall wrapper that just about everything relates to!
- Attendee: Junction between Event, Contact, and Lead
- Event Item Purchase: Enables multiple quantities of a single Line Item to relate to multiple Attendees. Junction between Line Item and Attendee
- Line Item: Represents the ticket or item purchased from the event checkout
- Invoice: The Order that represents each Line Item purchased. Relates to the Event, Account, and Contact
- Event Item: The item being purchased. Can relate to a Product and Price Book but does not need to. The Line Item references the Event Item
Failed Event Registrations:
An email alert will notify the authorized user when any registrations fail, so they can quickly manage the issue. The workflow rules is called "Blackthorn | Events ERS Failed", which is enabled by default and uses the email template "Blackthorn | Events ERS Failed".
Guidelines for Adding Logic Post Attendee Creation:
- Add an after insert/update trigger since the contact/lead are mapped on Attendee by Blackthorn using before insert/update logic.
- Encapsulate your logic in a try-catch block. If anything fails in your trigger, it will cause the whole ERS process to fail.
Updated 3 months ago