Our enhanced email feature is a paid add-on with Blackthorn Events. For more information, please reach out to our team through https://community.blackthorn.io/s/.
With our SendGrid integration, you can send emails from Salesforce through SendGrid. Why is this a benefit? See the reasons below:
- For Admins, you won't run into your 24-hour email limit (our email template builder uses Apex to send the emails).
- For Admins and Event Managers, significantly fewer emails will hit spam folders.
- For Event Managers, you will be able to create your own email template, send the email through our integration, and receive metrics about your email. IE., opens, bounces, and clicks without having to solely use Pardot, Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, etc...
Before you start...
Please reach out to Blackthorn Support via our support form to create your account with SendGrid. In the support form, please include which email address you would like us to use in the account step
Enhanced Email must be enabled
https://api.sendgrid.com/v3/mail/sendto Setup → Security → Remote site settings.
- Log into SendGrid and verify your email and account. The email will look like this:
- Set up Sender Authentication
- Navigate to Settings → Sender Authentication
- Click "Get Started" under Verify an Address
* Fill in all requested information seen below
You'll need to verify an address for each Salesforce organization-wide email address used in the email template builder.
- Next, create an API key for your SendGrid users. This will link your Salesforce instance to SendGrid.
- Settings → API Keys → Create New API Key
- Note: This MUST be set to Full Access
- Navigate to Salesforce and click Setup → Custom Settings → Blackthorn | Email Settings → Manage → New
Add in the API Key provided in Step 4
Optional: Define the
SendGrid Reply To Emailfor attendees that may reply to emails that have been sent to them.
Create an Organization-Wide Email Address
The Organization-Wide Email Address must be the same as the Single Sender
You can set up multiple Organization-Wide Email Addresses as well as multiple Single Senders to support more than one user.
Optional Add a
Special Purpose Organization-Wide Email Addressesthis will be the same email as
SendGrid Reply To Email
Ta-da! That's all there is to setting up SendGrid!
To test this feature out:
Email Template Builder
For additional instructions for items 1-4, view our Email Template Builder documentation.
- Create an email template related to your event
- Once you have saved your email template, click the "Send Email" button on the Event
- Define the email information and the attendees should receive the email from their registration or attendance status
- Click "Send"
- Get access to SendGrid from your admin who set it up. You'll log into SendGrid to review your email metrics.
- Once you are logged in, you'll navigate to Category Stats on the left-hand side.
This is where you'll see all the information you need about the email you sent.
In the future, we will pull the metrics from the email send into Salesforce on the mass email record. Once that is delivered, we'll pull individual attendee metrics.
- If you see the following error
- Send Grid was NOT properly configured
- User is not in a production org
- When using the
Send Testoption in the Email Template builder, these emails do NOT come from SendGrid.
Updated 4 months ago