- 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Add Sessions to an Event for breakouts, presentations, discussions, or other activities.
To show the Sessions on the Event, navigate to the Event Settings record and update the Sessions field to "Always". Make sure that the Session's Hide On Event Page field is unchecked.
From the Event record, navigate to the Sessions Related List and click New.
Enter the Session Name.
Add Session details such as,
- Image URL
- Start Date
- Start Time
- End Date
- End Time
To limit the number of people that can register and attend a Session, enter an amount in the Quantity Available
The Quantity Remaining is a formula field that will automatically update.
Formula: Quantity Remaining = Quantity Available - Registered
When Waitlist Enabled is not checked and Quantity Remaining = "0", the Session will be sold out.
When Waitlist Enabled is enabled and Quantity Remaining = "0", additional Session registrants will have a "Waitlisted - Pending" status and be added to the waitlist.
Hide on Event Page
The Hide On Event Page checkbox allows users to hide the Session from the Event's Session tab. As a result the Session will be invisible to the public.
To prevent that from occuring, the following needs to occur:
- The Session belongs to a specific track that is associated with an AttendeeLink invitation.
- The Session is pre-registered to an Attendee in the AttendeeLink invitation.
- Once saved, view your newly created Session on the Event page.
If you would like to bring a few featured Sessions to the top of the page, the featured Session feature is just what you need!
Set Up (For Admins)
- Open the Object Manager.
- Navigate to the Session object.
- Click Page Layouts and Session Layout.
- Add the Feature Session checkbox field to the page layout.
NOTE: If end-users need access to this and they aren't associated to a managed Blackthorn Events permission set, please add this field to their profile/custom permission set.
Test (For Event Managers)
If you would like to feature Sessions at the top of the Session tab in a carousel format, check the Feature Session checkbox field.
- If you add multiple featured Sessions, they will scroll through the featured session box every 10 seconds.
- Example: There are 3 featured Sessions added to this Event. There are 2 non-featured Sessions. Featured Sessions 1, 2, and 3 will scroll through the top margin.