In Blackthorn Messaging, you can follow these steps to configure a custom object for messaging.
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Click SMS Message.
- Click the New button in the Custom Fields & Relationships section.
- Create a Lookup Relationship field that is related to your custom object. In this example, we are using a custom object named Student.
- Complete the remainder of the new field wizard just as you would for any new Lookup field.
- After the new Lookup field is created, Messaging will detect the relationship. You can add the Messaging Messenger component to this object's pages. You will also be able to create Templates for this object.
NOTE: In order to send text messages to this object, it will need a Phone field that is of the data type "Phone". Messaging will not detect phone numbers within text formula fields.
Updated 3 months ago