Allocations allow you to allocate funds to multiple line items on the same Sales Document from a single 'Transaction'. For Example, when a payment is made for 4 invoices using the same transaction, allocations help to split the funds across those four invoices.
- Receive a bulk payment and distribute the payment across multiple invoices. For example, one $10,000 check can be applied from one Transaction across multiple Line Items on the same Sales Document.
- Auto-create an Allocation record for each Line Item as part of a paid Event checkout.
- Manually create full or partial refund allocations between a Transaction and one or more Line Items.
You cannot allocate more than the amount.
Allocations are related to the Sales Document, Line Item, and Transaction objects. The Sales Document lookup field is automatically populated from the Line Item's 'Sales Document' field. This allows you to relate your allocation record to Line Item & Sales Document or Sales Document with Transaction that paid for this Invoice.
- Navigate to our Allocation object.
Lightning: Click on the App Launcher | Under "All Items" | Click on Allocation.
Classic: Click on "All Tabs" ("+" icon in the top right) | Click on Allocation.
- Click "New".
Amount: This field determines the amount for this allocation.
Transaction: This field determines the transaction that paid for the Line Item.
Line Item: This field determines which line item this allocation is associated with.
Sales Document: Optional. Automatically populates if the Line Item is set. Populate this only if the allocation is not associated with Line item
Type: Set it to either Payment or Refund depending on the type of Allocation. Default is Payment.
You can automate the allocation creation for event checkouts.
- Navigate to our Blackthorn | Payment Trigger Settings (Go to Setup --> Custom Settings)
- Click "Manage".
- Set the
Automatically Create Allocation = true.
- Click "Save".
When this setting is enabled & a Sales Document is created by the checkout process, the allocations are automatically created for the Line Items & Sales Document.
You can use allocation to handle refunds against the line items or the Sales Document.
- Create an Allocation record.
- Set Allocation type =
- Set the Line Item/Sales Document Lookup. Setting a line item lookup will auto-populate the Sales Document.
- Select the Refund Transaction for the allocation
From version 4.131 and above, we have introduced new fields on the Line Item Object.
When Allocation type =
Paymentis associated with the line item object, the value is automatically rolled up to Balance Paid.
When Allocation type =
Refundis associated with the line item object, the value is automatically rolled up to Amount Refunded.
Balance Due= Total Amount - Balance Paid
Retained Amount= Total Amount Paid - Amount Refunded.
Updated over 1 year ago