Installing Events just got easier!
Blackthorn | Events makes creating and managing events from Salesforce easier than ever.
Installing the payments app is a requirement for the events app, even if you have free events.
If you are only using
FreeEvents, you will still have to go through the Setup Wizard, but you can skip connecting to a Payment Gateway.
To avoid getting a “refused to connect” error when trying to authorize the Events app via VPN, the user will need to update their Network Access Settings in Salesforce by following the steps below:
- From your Orgs Settings, go to Network Access.
- Make sure the IP Address is listed under Trusted IP Ranges.
We recommend your authorized user have Payments' and Events' licenses and a System Administrator profile.
To authorize with non-system administrator account, a user will need:
- The Salesforce Standard User profile
- The Blackthorn Events (Admin) and Blackthorn (Payments) permission sets
- Additional permission set with API Enabled and Customize Application system permissions
- The sharing settings for Events set to Public Read/Write
To authenticate Events, you will need to:
- Navigate to Setup, Permission Sets, Assign yourself to the Events and Payments Admin Permission Sets.
- Complete Step #2 (Setup Wizard).
- Only be logged into one Salesforce org when clicking on the authorize button. Otherwise, the authorization will try to connect to the wrong org.
- The user authorizing events needs a System Admin profile or full admin access to the Events and Payments apps. The entire registration process runs through that user, so they need full Events access.
Navigate to the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab and click the
Authorize the Appbutton.
Navigate to the Blackthorn | Events Admin tab from the Events Admin application.
Click on the
Create Test Recordsbutton to generate two sample Events for testing.
- Navigate to the Events tab to view the samples. Blackthorn Meetup (Simple Event) and Blackthorn Conference (Complex Event). See example Event Page URL:
There are four packaged permission sets that you can assign users who need access to the Events app.
If any of your users need access to financial data related to paid registrations or discount codes, they will need a Payments license and to be related to one of the packaged Payments permission sets or a custom permission set. Financial data includes data from invoices, discount codes, transactions, payments methods, and the payment gateway objects.
When you are ready to install Blackthorn into your production org, please email [email protected] with your org id and we will update your licenses. We have to update your licenses from a trial version before it expires.
Once we upgrade your licenses, you'll need to navigate to, "Installed Packages", click manage next to Blackthorn | Payments and add all users who need access to Payments, including the authorized user. Most of our Events customers have a site license for the Events app, so you won't need to add users. They will have access based on their profile and permission sets.
To learn how to create your first events, follow the instructions on the next page.
Updated 19 days ago